Friday, May 22, 2009

Update on May - Part 1

Ok I'm back....I've got some pics and updates - going to break them out into a couple entries here. ;)

Some random pics of Sophie :)....



She was super proud to show off this banner she made at Religious Ed :)...

And here it is up close...SO awesome to see my child proclaim her faith proudly!!! :)

And some random shots of Lucas engaging in some of his favorite activities :)...

...splashing in puddles (and on a sidenote, aren't his shoes the CUTEST??!! :))

...playing soccer (as you can tell, he has become influenced by his soccer-loving big sister Abigail! :))







...or just being a devilish little BOY! :)


Other updates for the month....

On May 8th, I got to enjoy a very awesome Mother's Day Program presented by Abby's 1st grade class - have you ever read Robert Munsch's children's book Love You Forever?? Trust me, the tears were a-flowing BIG-time listening to our little ones singing the song from the book! :) And they also presented us with these wonderful projects....

And then...seriously....the best gift EVAH ;)....look at what Abigail has printed as my weight....and *forever* laminated at that weight too, I might add!!!! What a girl - she scored big with mommy on that one! Heeeeee! :-P And of course, the rest of it is pretty cute too. ;)


Earlier in the week, I had also organized a collection and presentation for Abby's teacher on behalf of us parents in recognition of Teacher's Appreciation Week, so we snuck that in on their teacher while we were all gathered for the Mother's Day Program - and yes, there were more happy tears shed by all!! :) One of the highlights was the scrapbook I made with each child creating their own "page" for her by writing/illustrating why they love their teacher - my only regret was that I didn't get any pictures of it OR of the kids gathered around their teacher each of them pointing out their pages to one another!!

Sophie's class didn't do anything formal but her class did make some wonderful Mother's Day presents as well :):


Did you see the coupon for cleaning her room??!! I told her that I was redeeming that one right away!!! :-P

Unfortunately the uplifting day was brought down more than a notch or two when John called me at the end of the day and told me that he had been officially laid off from his employer. :( :( I ask that you PLEASE keep us in your prayers as we meet this new challenge in our lives and try to remain faithful, hopeful, and optimistic...

The next day, May 9th, John and I celebrated our **17-year** anniversary...while the news the day before wasn't the most positive thing to have happen right before our special date, I AM very proud to say that I know my husband is a man of strength and faith, and I am SO incredibly blessed to have been married to him over these 17 years - and I continue to cherish every moment of our married life, and look forward to many many MANY more years to come! LOVE YOU John!!!! :) :)

And May 10th of course was Mother's Day and I have to say my kids are the BEST! Not only because they are such really AWESOME and GOOD kids who make me proud and happy everday as a Mommy :) :), but also because they took such pride in shopping and picking out gifts for me. :) Such GREAT kids and I am so very blessed... :) :)

Are you still with me out there??!! PHEW!!! Onto the next entry with more updates! :-P

2 comments:

Christy said...

Oh Anna, I will be praying for your family and your hubby to find a job! I didn't know but I know several friends in that boat right now and they are seeing God provide for them in amazing ways time and time again. I know He will for your family too and you will be a wonderful testimony through the waiting.
On a side note, how did you get that awesome picture of Lucas's feet in the puddles? specs? and is there a lot done to it in Photoshop? That is so cool - I want to be able to take something like that! So neat!

Jen said...

Love those projects and the answers Abby gave ;) Sooo cute!!
LOVE Lucas' shoes as well- totally adorable but WOW is it possible he is getting that big already?