Sunday, August 24, 2008

3-0 Baby!!!!!

Disclaimer: this is SOOOO not scrapbooking-related LOL!

Ok yeah so technically it's still just pre-season :-P, but a win is a WIN!! And when it's your favorite team whom I might add is the only UNDEFEATED team in the NFC North division, and whose first pre-season win was over the reigning Super Bowl champions, well c'mon, you gotta let me have my moment right? ;))

Now I have been a Detroit Lions fan FOREVER, ever since I was a little girl. Ok....so albeit a *disappointed* one just about every year :-P but a pretty loyal and devoted fan nonetheless. ;) Now has come the time to pass the torch forward... :)

Yep, I'm grooming the latest generation of Lions fans here, and Abigail is faring up to be every bit as passionate about the Detroit Lions as her mommy. :) Isn't she the cutest darn fan - she had people smiling at her all afternoon long! ;)

This was Abby's first Lions game (we went with Grandpa - my dad - and her cousin Brandon) and my first time seeing the Lions play at Ford Field. Very nice stadium (and thank goodness it is an indoor dome because the temps outside were up to 98 degrees in downtown Detroit! :-o) and the workers/volunteers were uber friendly. My only complaint was that you were only allowed to bring in a pocket-sized camera, so my shots are nothing spectacular....BUT will totally do as far as recording Abby's first Lions game goes! :-P

At kick-off:

Our seats were right behind (and up) from the Lions bench. :)

She could not keep seated OR still in her seat - way too excited! :)



My dad, Abby, and Brandon. :)

Holy CRUD! Did my dad actually get a pic which included MOI??!! :-P I surely must have been caught off-guard on that one. :-P

Game is OVAH - sorry Cleveland! :-P

My boy - QB Jon Kitna. :) If I couldn't get a close-up of him, I was going to get a pic of the big-screen that had a close-up of him! LOL

And one VERY tired Lions fan on the way home. :)

Gooooooooooooooooooo LIONS!!!!! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks sooo fun, although I've never been to a game myself. But you guys look like all-out fans!!! :) And there's a pretty pic of you too!! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time! :) Abby is sooo cute in her Lions attire!!

Expressions Photography said...

Very Cute :) Even though I am an Ohioan, I am fine with Detroit beating Cleveland ;) But... don't be touching my Steelers!

John F. Mondro said...

I agree with the "pretty pic of you" comment. But then again I'm biased...

...But who cares :)

Looking good while sick with the flu. What a cool Mom.

Lynn Ghahary said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT time! We are HUGE football fans here too - Jets and Giants of course! so I completely understand the "Go Team" mentality! Actually one of Darian's bday presents was a new Brett Farve jersey in JETS colors! YAHOO!

Anonymous said...

I am SO lovin these picks .. LOL Ineed to post some of mines from when some of the NFLers came to Japan .

cool beans girl

Unknown said...

I'm sooo jealous. I love the Lions. Never been able to attend a game at Ford Field. Looks like it was a lot of fun! :)