Yep the big day is here....my birthday, the big 4-0. :) I won't wax prophetic about today being some huge monumental day where my life officially "changes", because I truly believe that life is what you make of it EVERYDAY...and I certainly do not feel (or look it - lucky me! ;)) like 40 years old. :-P Today is another day where I am happy to just....BE - and *especially* happy to BE John's wife, and mommy of Abigail, Sophie, and Lucas. :)
I am SO very blessed. I have an absolutely wonderful and amazing husband, beautiful and intelligent and healthy children, an incredible support network of loving family (*especially* my dad who is the BEST dad and grandpa out there! :)) and friends, a welcoming and supportive church community, a roof over our heads, food on the table, hobbies that I enjoy and am actually good at doing...and really, just a GOOD life. Yes, there are things I question, regrets I may have, issues that I struggle with, BUT....I am extremely grateful to God for all that He has blessed me with - including the sense at age 40 to realize just how truly GOOD my life is. :)
And on that note...I am eagerly counting down the hours today till the girls are home from school, and John home from work, and I can get out for a nice birthday dinner and celebrate with my family. Eating out is one of the perks of having a birthday after all! :)
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
I am 40 today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










9 comments:
Happy birthday! :)
Happy birthday, friend!! I hope it's a wonderful, wonderful day!
I love reading the happiness that oozes form your post today. Hope your dinner was special!! Love ya!
Happy Birthday .. HOT DOG .. we share a birfday LOL .. like how I spellt it .. lol .. girl what did you do besides dinner .. well you already know what my issue was hahahahaha ... girl HAPPY BIRTHDAY .. hey send me your mailing address please :o)
XOXOX
Sasha
Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday girly...so sorry I'm a day late. Gosh, I have been struggling lately...just totally out of sorts, and overwhelmed...but I think I'm finally getting it together and I've finally had a chance to stalk your blog! I hope your day was awesome and yes, you are truly blessed...
Happy Birthday, a day late! Mine is the 18th, and I got ya beat by a year. I'll be 41.... it's just a number. I didn't mind being 40, felt like 35! ;)
Happy Birthday!!!!! Wow, you don't look a day over 35!!! :)
Ok...
Gotta replace those chocolates :(
Love Ya!
Post a Comment