This was our first 4th of July spent at home - usually we are up north, but this year we're going later in the month since John no longer works for GM and isn't *forced* to take his vacation during their shutdown period any longer. :-P So we got up early to take in a local parade, and the kids totally LOVED it! :)

Of course, John had to make fun of the fact that all the WOMEN were noticing that the kids were in matching outfits and the MEN could really care less. :-P Hmmph - how can anyone not appreciate the fact that even my BOY's outfit matched his sisters' exactly? MEN. :-P





We were standing right next to the train tracks and wouldn't it figure that a train temporarily stopped the parade?! No one minded at all, including Lucas who, as you know, is now train-obsessed, courtesy of his love for all things Thomas and Friends. :-P

Yes the girls SCORED with not only tossed candy, but TOILET PAPER rolls as well. :-P Now mind you, we didn't get *5* rolls like some people (ahem Sharyn :-P - whom I have to add I was lucky to get to FINALLY meet IRL, we've only been saying for the past year that we're going to meet up someday! :-P) but I must say I was pleasantly surprised that the 3 rolls we got were nice and soft. ;) 

The girls were very patriotic in their red/white/blue flip flops and painted blue toenails. :)


The city that held the parade has an awesome playscape area called Imagination Station - of course we promised the kids that they could play after the parade was over ;)
And the toothless wonder in her glory... :))
After the parade and play :), we headed home for lunch, and then took off in the afternoon for the beach (the joys of living where we do - lots of metro and state parks with beach areas easily accessible!) More pics to come - stay tuned for part 2! :))










9 comments:
Great photos from your holiday! Love the matching dresses they are adorable.
Love your posts on the 4th of July, AM!! Great pictures and it really captured the mood of the holiday. :) Your kids are gorgeous (as usual! :) and I realised something funny... YOU ARE NOT IN ANY OF THE PICTURES!!! I have that problem too!! But we've GOT to change that!! ;)
these are GORGEOUS - absolutely GORGEOUS! You just amaze me! I want to be like you when I grow up! :) hehe ;) Please please teach me some of your settings tricks!
Fantastic pictures!! Totally gorgeous!!!
OMGoodness girl! LOVE these pics! First of all your girls dresses are absolutely precious and I just wanna squeeze them they are so gorgeous! Love love love it!
gorgeous photos AM! esp. the one of your daughter waving the flag - too precious.
looks like a great 4th!
Okay girl, I am so green with envy that you got so many fabulous pictures from the 4th. I did not get one single one with Aidan being so sick. It was a relax day, I think we stayed in pretty much the whole day.
Amazing pictures, I love them all. How funny about the TP lol, and awesome that you got to meet Miss Torm. I love the girls Dresses so much.
These photos are precious and I noticed the outfits right away- LOL. They are adorable!!
But...
toilet paper? LOL you Michigan people are a strange strange bunch.
Post a Comment