Monday, July 7, 2008

The Fourth Of July - Part 2

So after the parade in Brighton, we came home and had lunch, then headed straight out to Silver Lake beach at the Pinckney State Recreation Area. I wasn't sure what kind of crowd to expect, but it was actually not very crowded at all - nice! Oh and did I forget to mention that the weather was absolutely PERFECT the entire weekend, but *especially* that day? Mid-70's - not too hot, and lots of sunshine! :)

So anyways, I've decided that my boy is part FISH :-P - he loves the water, absolutely LOVES it! :) Yes my girls do too but they each went through a fear period for a short period of time when they were his age, whereas Lucas has loved even baths from the get-go! ;) (oh and lest anyone thinks I was brave for having my camera near the water - heavens NO! :-P The pics in this entry were all taken with my reliable point-and-shoot, no way was I taking my Rebel XT anywhere near the water LOL! :-P)

Without further adieu ;)....

And John wonders why his back hurts more than at other times :-P....and making quite the fashion statement here, I might add! :-P

Umm yeah I noticed the piece of bark AFTER I snapped the pic - ewww! :-P


After the beach, we came home, coooked dinner on the grill, and rested a bit before heading out around 9:00 pm for the fireworks in Gregory, a town smaller than ours (if that is possible! :-P) and about 15 miles west of us. Apparently John and I were the only ones who were TIRED after the day's events :-P - the kids were wired, so we figured what the heck...we'll end the day with the fireworks! ;)
Abby my fashion-plate changing into her "fireworks outfit" :) ....(and look how LIGHT it is outside in front of my house even at 9:00 pm!)

And a couple shots of the nighttime sky....the town was small, the fireworks were as well and I had only my point-and-shoot with me ;)) - but it was just enough to end our day off right! And to quote Abigail on the ride home...."this has been the BEST 4th of July day ever!" :)) The kids went to bed with no problems and slept like logs....ahhhh, definitely a perfect ending!


3 comments:

vtpuggirl said...

My son has the same swimsuit, in different colors, but the same one! I love it, so cute. Great fireworks pics!

Lynn Ghahary said...

AMAZING firework pics girl! You are such a talented photographer! Love the pics of Lucas - such a boy thing to do! Believe me I know! :)

Jen said...

Looks like a fun day :)