Thursday, July 3, 2008

I've been tagged!

Ok so my buddy Lynn has tagged me! :)

Let's see....

  1. Before becoming a SAHM, I was a psychologist specializing in eating-disordered teens. I can honestly say that I do NOT miss the work at all - it was very stressful, and I don't think I could have continued doing what I was doing and raising a family at the same time. :(
  2. I LOVE LOVE chewy sweet-tarts and any type of junk bubble gum. :-P I also hate going to the dentist - draw whatever conclusions you wish to from there. :-P
  3. I do not mix the food on my plate - AT ALL...everything has to be in its separate spot :-P
  4. I do not drink any type of alcoholic beverage, and my favorite beverage is unsweetened iced tea - I cannot drink iced tea with any type of sugar or other sweetener in it (yuck LOL!)
  5. I am a bit of a reality show junkie (think Survivor ;)) and if there is a dance show to be found on television, I am there. ;) I should have been a dancer, I am fascinated with all themes of dance!
  6. Also before becoming a SAHM, I trained and showed competitively in dog obedience throughout the country, and during the year 2000, my Border Collie Flash and I were the top ranked Open (a class level within dog obedience) team in the US! I also taught competition obedience classes up to the time I had Sophie.
  7. I am half-Asian. My mother is full-Thai - she and my father met when he was stationed in Thailand during the Vietnam War, and he married her there. She was only 16, but her father "altered" her birth certificate so that she could marry my dad and leave the country "legally". Ironically - I HATE Thai food, can't stand it. :-P

I can't tag Anne-Marie, since Lynn already did :-P, so I'll be tagging Franny, Nikki, Sharyn, Kelley, Val, Lisa T., and Christy. :)

3 comments:

Lynn Ghahary said...

Okay so we must've been twins seperated at birth or something (except I'm full Italian LOL) since we have SO many similarities. I will NOT go back to social work because for me I don't think I could do it and be there for my family emotionally, I do not mix any foods on my plate either, and I am a reality show JUNKIE! Big Brother and any of the MTV shows are my favs! So interesting to hear about your other experiences and your family background. Thanks for playing girl! :)

Jen said...

Some of these are so crazy in how alike we are. As you know my degree is in social work... I LOVE chewy sweettarts as well (and most other chewy sweet/sour type candies) and HATE the dentist, I do NOT mix food either... I LOVE iced tea but it has to be sweetened (with sweet and lo), I love reality tv as well :)

Nikki said...

lol, well I know we still have alot in common ;) even though I am not fond of chewy sweet tarts and I actually like mixing certain foods LOL ;)

I knew you were a psychologist but I did not know it was dealing with ED's. I was one of those kinds of teens. I am not sure you knew that either? I actually had a layout published about it in Memory Makers a couple years ago.

I also an not a drinker and have not had any alcoholic Beverages in years.

lol you know how I am with the reality tv ;)

see we do have stuff in common ;) but you knew that and so much more. So I see I was tagged here :) I will have to post to my blog too.

It ws nice finding out more about you girlie :)

Nikki